Cajun Stuffed Pork Chops – Incredible!!
I recently prepared this recipe on a Holland Grill (indirect heat). I’m sure that they would turn out great in other grills, but keep an eye on your temperature and flame. It’s great!
If you’re not into spicy, don’t let the “Cajun” in the title scare you. Used lightly, the seasoning just gives a bit of flavor. You could substitute in your favorite chicken seasoning without a problem. I went light on the Cajun shake and even my 4 year old ate ‘em up!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 pork chops at least 1 inch thick (so you can make a good pocket for the stuffing)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1/2 loaf of French Bread (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 stick of celery (finely chopped)
- 1 pint of mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1 egg (beaten well)
- 1-2 cups of chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Salt, Pepper, and Cajun seasoning to taste
First cut a pocket in the pork chops. Season with the salt & pepper & Cajun spice. Next melt your butter in a skillet and sauté your onion, bell pepper, celery and mushrooms until limp. Then mix the vegetables in the bread pieces, along with the beaten egg, parsley. Next add some of the broth until you get a moist bread mixture,(it may not take all the broth) Next, season with the salt, pepper, and Cajun spice to taste. Preheat your grill and grill the pork chops until they are done and the meat is white. Around 10 – 15 minutes per side.